Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Last Updated on: January 13, 2023
“Innovation Refunds,”“we,” “us,” or “our” refers to Innovation Refunds, LLC.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual ("Personal Information"). Personal Information does not include:
· Publicly available information from government records;
· Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or
· Information excluded from the CPRA's scope, like:
· Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data;
· Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, Innovation Refunds has or may have collected the following categories of Personal Information from Applicants within the last twelve (12) months:
Information We Collect
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
· To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
· To maintain security on Innovation Refunds’ websites and Internet-connected assets, which includes hosting and maintenance of computer systems and infrastructure, management of Innovation Refunds’ software and hardware computer assets, systems testing, such as development of new systems and end-user testing of computer systems, training, and monitoring email and Internet access.
· To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
· To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or aspart of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Applicants is among the assets transferred.
· To maintain your contact information.
· To monitor eligibility to work in the United States, which means monitoring and ensuring compliance of an Applicant’s ability to work in the United States.
· To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements, such as legal (state and federal) and internal company reporting obligations, including headcount, management information, demographic and health, safety, security, and environmental reporting.
· As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in theCPRA.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may or may not have used Personal and Sensitive Personal Information about you for each of the above purposes.
Sharing Personal Information
Innovation Refunds may share your Personal Information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the PersonalInformation confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information.
In the preceding twelve(12) months, Company has disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
Your Rights and Choices
The CPRA provides Applicants who are California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information.This section describes your CPRA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. In accordance with our policies and procedures, we will not discriminate or retaliate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CPRA.
Exercising Your Rights and Choices
To exercise your rights as described above, please submit a request by either:
· Emailing us at email@example.com or
· Visiting us at https://forms.office.com/r/cEbMbTNSHi
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your PersonalInformation. To designate an authorized agent, click here for the form and instructions.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a twelve (12) month period. Your request must:
· Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
· Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
We will only use Personal Information provided in the request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make it.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the ten (10) day timeframe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45)days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another forty-five (45)days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically a .csv or .pdf file.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the business purpose for which it is collected and processed and will be retained in accordance with our internal document retention policies. In certain cases, laws or regulations require us to keep records for specific periods of time.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Innovation Refunds collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
4350 Westown Pkwy, Suite
300West Des Moines, Iowa50266